Media and Reputation
Urgent Assistance: +44 (0)7766 916 089
Whether you are a business facing a problematic employee, customer, counterparty or competitor or an individual confronted with the publication of personal information or a campaign of harassment and/or blackmail, our team can help you navigate the media maelstrom.
Members of our team have successfully acted for companies, charities and family offices together with an array of high net worth and high profile individuals. We also act for those who do not wish to be in the limelight and those who find themselves unexpectedly thrust into the public domain.
We deal with pre and post publication matters, journalist and media organisations and the inception and misuse of information including by the internet and social media.
As appropriate, we can resolve disputes by reference to media regulators, mediation and litigation. Where necessary, we can obtain pre-action disclosure orders and injunctions.
- Privacy and Confidential Information
- Intellectual Property
- Data Protection
- Passing off and image rights
- Online image maintenance
- Advising in relation to the Russell Brand/ Jonathan Ross Radio 2 incident.
- Advising variously in relation to the take-down of internet material.
- Acting for Members of UK and European Parliaments in relation to the expenses row against numerous tabloid and broadsheet newspapers.
- Acting for a Corporation in proposed defamation proceedings, obtaining a Norwich Pharmacal Order against website publisher to reveal the authors of defamatory allegations.
- Advising on media and internet coverage of alleged high profile investor fraud subject to SFO and FSA investigations.
- Acting for high-profile individual in relation to privacy injunction.
- Acting on behalf of a high-profile individual, obtaining a substantial payment of damages against a broadsheet newspaper.
- Sharma v Singh & Associated Newspapers Ltd  EWHC 2988(QB)
- Fallon v Mirror Group Newspapers Ltd  EWHC 783 (QB)
- Fallon v News Group Newspapers Ltd (unreported)