Charles Hathorn qualified with Davies Arnold Cooper and became a member of the commercial litigation department where he gained experience of large-scale domestic and international disputes.
Charles was also a solicitor in the corporate finance department of Norton Rose where he was involved in a number of high-value transactions with a particular focus on the insurance industry. Charles’s experience also includes over two years with Mishcon de Reya, where he gained experience in complex ancillary relief and divorce proceedings acting for UK and international high net worth individuals.
Charles’s experience includes:
- co-ordinating a 250 member action group in a successful property negligence claim;
- advising a large UK car dealership firm on a successful injunction and subsequent multi-million pound settlement with one of the major international car manufacturers;
- acting on behalf of a US oil and gas based exploration company in a successful Norwich Pharmacal application against the owner and administrator of a commercial website concerned with financial and investment related matters;
- acting on behalf of two individuals in respect of proceedings brought by the DTI under the Disqualification of Directors Act 1986;
- acting on behalf of a group of investors in relation to a dispute over their investment in a joint venture with Hong Kong and Chinese entities, including advising on the merits of contractual claims against those entities and tortious claims against third parties;
- acting on behalf of the purchaser of a large commercial property in London and seeking rectification of the sale agreement;
- acting on behalf of a claimant in proceedings against the London Development Agency resulting from a compulsory purchase order;
- acting on behalf of a NASDAQ quoted pharmaceutical company in professional negligence proceedings against a London law firm.
BA Hons, Exeter University, 1990-1994
L’Institut Catholique de Paris, 1992-1993
CPE/LPC, College of Law, 1994-1996
Charles is fluent in French