Elizabeth was admitted on 1 April 2013 as a Chartered Legal Executive. Prior to that, she spent two years at Herbert Smith LLP’s London office before moving to the Cayman Islands, where she gained further experience at Appleby LLP, focusing on international trust and estate litigation.
Since joining Charles Fussell & Co LLP in March 2008, Elizabeth has gained experience in a wide variety of commercial litigation matters. She assists Charles and Simon in larger matters, including international multi-million pound disputes such as Berezovsky v Abramovich  EWHC 2463 and Dar Al Arkan Real Estate Development Company and Another v Majid Al Refai and Others  EWHC 1055 (Comm), and also has the day to day conduct of a range of smaller matters.
Her experience ranges from successfully defending a multimillion pound action brought under s994 Companies Act 1994, to dealing with matters involving allegations of fraud, rectification matters and simple contractual disputes.
Examples of cases Elizabeth has worked on during her time with Charles Fussell & Co LLP include:
- successfully bringing a claim against a large United Arab Emirates company for breach of contract;
- acting on behalf of individual respondents in multimillion pound s994 Companies Act Petition;
- acting in a dispute involving allegations of fraud, negligence and breach of fiduciary duty;
- acting on behalf of an individual in a substantial dispute relating to a private equity venture;
- acting on behalf of the purchaser of a large commercial property in London and seeking rectification of the sale agreement;
- acting on behalf of a US oil and gas based exploration company in a successful Norwich Pharmacal application against the owner and administrator of a commercial website concerned with financial and investment related matters;
- acting on behalf of an individual in a claim for negligence and breach of contract against his former solicitors;
- acting for an individual claimant in respect of claims brought for breach of contract, conversion, bailment and breach of trust against an art gallery dealer;
- acting for an international provider of non-lethal military defence products in a claim for breach of contract;
- acting against Lloyds TSB Bank Plc in a claim for rectification of an agreement, together with related claims;
- acting for a partnership in a claim against a former consultant for failing to repay clawbacks due;
- successfully bringing an application for dismissal of a s8 Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986 declaration;
- acting on behalf of an individual concerning a substantial dispute arising from an aborted private equity venture;
- acting for the financial advisor to various businessmen in four related actions;
- successfully defending a claim for unfair dismissal brought by an ex-employee;
- advising on the investigatory and disciplinary procedures for gross misconduct by an employee.